Ingredients: Per 4 servings
- ½ lb Spaghetti Barilla
- 3 oz seaweed Sea Spaghetti
- 7 oz squid, (medi - medium size)
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- bay leaves to taste
- squid, (trimmings) to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- fish broth, (calamaro - squid) to taste
- 2 lemons, (succo - juice)
- water to taste
- ⅛ oz Agar-Agar
- ⅛ oz Acai, (polvere - powder)
- 3 ½ oz crustless white bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- smoked paprika to taste
To be prepared ahead of time:
- Boil the seaweed for 13 minutes in unsalted water, drain and cool.
- Squid stock:
Sauté the onions and celery.
Add the squid, bay leaf and cover with water.
Allow to boil for 10 minutes and filter.
- Fish Velluté: Let simmer the onion, add the potatoes and the squid stock. When the potatoes are cooked, blend everything.
- Sauce preparation: braise the onion, add the squid trimmings and the white wine, then let evaporate; add the tomato paste and the squid ink, let cook and reduce. If needed, add more squid stock. Filter.
- Lemon gel: Combine all the ingredients, strain through a cheesecloth, allow cooling then break the gelatin.
- Crunchy bread: roast the breadcrumbs in a frying pan with a little oil and salt, add the paprika at the end. When cool add the Parmigiano cheese.
Heat a pan, sauté the garlic and add the squid cut into very thin strips.
Add a couple of tablespoons of the fish velluté and the seaweed
Drain the pasta and finish cooking together with the other ingredients so that the flavours mix well, adjust with the pasta cooking water and/or fish stock.
Heat up the black sauce and decorate with it the bottom pf the plate.
Stir the spaghetti with the oil and chopped parsley/oregano. Form nests with the pasta and place each one over the black sauce. Add a few drops of lemon gel around and sprinkle with the bread.