The Magnificent Mile
The magnificent mile is mile-long route created for food and art lovers. Follow our special itinerary to taste the flavors of Parma, a city with a rich historic, gastronomic and cultural patrimony.
The route leads you along via Emilia, the ancient Roman road that crosses through Parma. Visit the city’s main monuments, prestigious stores and boutiques, elegant restaurants and luxury hotels.A trip down the magnificent mile will allow you to:
- Attend cooking classes at Academia Barilla
- Taste the traditional products from the Emilia region
- Walk along the calm streets of the historic center and visit Parma’s main artistic monuments
- Discover the grocery and specialty food stores of Parma
- Spend the evening in the wine bars, restaurants and historical coffee shops in downtown Parma
- Go shopping at the Barilla Center shopping center
- Attend a concert in the prestigious Paganini Auditorium or see a movie at the Warner Village Cinemas
- Relax in the Villa Eden Spa
Depart from Academia Barilla for a stroll along the streets of downtown Parma and stop to visit the Duomo, Palazzo della Pilotta, the Baptistery of Benedetto Antelami, the Teatro Regio, the birthplace of Arturo Toscanini and Piazza Garibaldi.
Our itinerary allows you to slow down and enjoy the tranquility of the city. Stop into one of the city’s historical coffeehouses, osterie or restaurants.
Head back towards the Barilla Center, discovering other store-lined streets. Spend extra time walking around Parma’s historic center.