A Taste of Italian Romance
- Visit Verona: a romantic city chosen by Shakespeare as the setting for Romeo and Juliet
- Unique excursion to a historical rice farm of Vialone Nano rice
- Wine tastings and visits to local wineries
- Hands-on cooking class at Academia Barilla
- One-on-one visits to producers of Parmigiano Reggiano and Prosciutto di Parma
Date: All year
Duration: 6 days - 5 nights
Food: risotto (with Vialone Nano rice), Asiago DOP cheese, polenta, meat "a la peperata", Parmigiano Reggiano DOP, Prosciutto di Parma DOP
Wine: Valpolicella, Bardolino, Recioto
Other traditional products: Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale DOP
ASK FOR MORE INFO if you wish to leave in a different date or there is something different you would like to visit during your tour.
Verona in Veneto, home of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, is the city of love and wine. The ancient, colourful city of Parma in Emilia Romagna celebrates its producers of Parmigiano Reggiano and Prosciutto di Parma.
Experience Academia Barilla to learn more about these two regions’ diverse food cultures.