The Barilla Center is located, just steps away from downtown Parma, on the grounds of the former Barilla Pasta Factory, built in 1910.
Almost 4 acres of land was given to the city and rebuilt between 2001 and 2003 thanks to the Urban Development Program.
The project was designed by celebrated architect Renzo Piano and is one of the most innovative industrial redevelopments. The former Eridania sugar factory was also redeveloped as part of the project.
The Barilla Center is a multifunctional complex located in the center of Parma, which includes:
- The Academia Barilla Culinary Institute
- The Grand Hotel de la Ville – a luxury hotel
- The Centro Benessere Villa Eden – a professional day spa
- The Paganini Auditorium – an auditorim housed inside the former Eridania headquarters
- The Warner Village Cinemas
- A shopping center with various stores and services
- Restaurants, pizzerias and coffee shops
- An elegant residential complex in a centuries old park
- A parking lot with over 600 spaces