Academia Barilla cooking courses were born out of our desire to promote and develop Italian gastronomic culture.
Our courses are innovative in approach, but traditional in content.
Our video: Cooking Classes
Specially designed for restaurant chefs looking to improve their craft, Academia Barilla’s professional cooking classes are quite advanced, and best-suited for people with kitchen experience.
We are happy to accept passionate home cooks, as well.
Academia Barilla offers a wide range of professional cooking classes for you to choose from.
We are also happy to custom-design courses to meet your culinary interests and deepen your knowledge of Italian gastronomy.
All of our classes are taught by professional Academia Barilla chefs, and include
- Cooking classes based on the active participation of the students
- Professional product tastings
- An introduction to food pairing
- Lessons focused on technical kitchen skills
- Cooking classes based on regional, traditional and innovative Italian cuisine
- Information on Italian Gastronomic Culture
- Ideas for Menu design
All of our courses are held at the Academia Barilla headquarters, located in the heart of Parma. Our facility includes:
- 18 kitchens for practical exercises
- a multifunctional bread, pastry and pizza kitchen, complete with a wood-burning oven
- a tasting lab dedicated to the development of one’s senses
- an extraordinary Gastronomic Library
For food lovers
Our amateur cooking courses are highly recommended for individuals, small groups and couples who wish to:
- learn the basics of the culinary arts from Academia Barilla chefs
- attend cooking classes and product tastings in order to deepen their knowledge of Italian gastronomy
- satisfy particular culinary interests or improve one’s technique in personalized classes
For more information contact us.