With this course, candidates have the opportunity to prepare on specific topics and earn additional credits for the final examination of the CPIC. The preparation takes place the week prior to the CPIC exam session: Academia Barilla offers it at a favorable price in a package specifically designed to expand knowledge of Regional Italian food.
Save the date!
- Preparatory Course 7th - 14th September 2015
- CPIC Examination 14th September 2015
Learn about the history of traditional recipes:
- Introduction to the History of Italian Gastronomy
- The Regional Cuisine: characterization of the regions through the ingredients and dishes
- Italian Products
- Italian Wines
Academia Barilla organizes 4 days of practical classes based on:
- First course: risotto, fresh pasta and dried pasta
- Second course: meat, fish, crustaceans
- Desserts and Gelato
- Bread, pizza and focaccia
- The basic preparations: dressings, sauces and dough
- The wine pairings and tasting
- The extra virgin olive oil: basic techniques, tasting and combinations
The Saturday is dedicated to visiting the places of production of the typical products of Emilia Romagna (Prosciutto di Parma, Parmigiano Reggiano, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, etc.).